In an effort to reconnect with the community while improving hospital and service awareness, St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center is hosting two exciting events this month. Baseball fans and families alike are invited to attend a Free Baseball Clinic featuring legendary MLB stars, at the Smithtown Historical Society. On Sunday, May 21st, from 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM, bring the kids out to meet some of Major League baseball’s favorite players at the “Field of Dreams” Youth Baseball Clinic. This is a FREE baseball clinic for young children, ages 6‐14 year old. The clinic will include instruction on various techniques to build baseball skills. The whole family is invited to attend a complimentary BBQ lunch, which is being served courtesy of our local volunteer firemen and women.
The All-Star line-up of instructors includes:
- New York Mets pinch hitter Art Shamsky
- Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Fred Cambria
- NY Yankees left-handed pitcher Neal Heaton,
- NY Mets Left Fielder, Second Baseman and First Baseman and Smithtown’s very own Frank Catalanotto, also Led the American League in Pinch-Hit at bats in 1998
- NY Yankees left-handed hitter, and one of Brooklyn’s Bravest FDNY firefighter, Frank Tepedino
- NY Mets first baseman, Ed Kranepool
- NY Mets left-handed pitcher Bill Pulsipher
- St. Louis Cardinals Outfielder and First Baseman Rick Schmidt
- NY Mets Long Island scout, Larry Izzo
Dr. Luga Podesta and Dr. Dimitri Christoforou will be available to instruct and inform parents on keeping their kids safe, sports injuries and how to prevent long‐term impairment to their children. Dr. Podesta is a nationally acclaimed expert and team physician for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Currently, he serves as adviser to the Major League Baseball Umpires and has offered his expertise to the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers, the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, and the New Orleans Saints. Dr. Christoforou is a NYU School of Medicine graduate, with a fellowship from Harvard Medical School. He trained at Columbia University Medical Center and has been a staff doctor at Madison Square Garden. Dr. Christoforou is also a team sports physician for local high schools.
While this is a Free event, space is limited. All who would like to attend, should register as soon as possible. For more information or to register, please call the St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center Foundation at: (631) 862‐3523 or email email@example.com
For news on upcoming events please visit StCatherines.chsli.org